Agricultural Education Organizations can provide meaningful support to agriculture professionals and students, as well as opportunities for professional networking, training, and education. Many agricultural education organizations also serve as conduits for agriculture education grants, using the funding to create new pathways for agricultural education, training, and leadership development.
Types of Agricultural Education Organizations
- Public & Private Schools – Grade Schools, middle schools, high schools, trade schools and more.
- Colleges and Universities
- State Government Agencies
- 501(c)3 Non-Profit Groups
- Student Associations
- Native American Tribes
Ag Ed Organizations & Student Associations
Student associations are often a key source for information, education, and opportunity in agricultural education and professional development. These national agriculture education organizations can provide access to valuable seminars and workshops; connections to industry professionals and leaders; and even training in practical leadership skills.
The Council, A National Partnership for Excellence in Agriculture, identifies the following as Key Organizations and Student Associations:
- Agricultural Education Division of the Association for Career and Technical Education
- American Association for Agricultural Education
- Association of Public Land-Grant Universities
- National Association of Agricultural Educators
- National Association of Supervisors of Agricultural Education
- National FFA Alumni and Supporters
- National FFA Foundation
- National FFA Organization
- National Farm and Ranch Business Management Education Association
- National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization
- National Young Farmer Educational Association
Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation Past Grantees
Other noteworthy agriculture education organizations include the Northeast Agriculture Education Foundation’s grantees. All grantees are 501(c)3 non-profit agriculture education organizations concentrated in the following Mid-Atlantic and New England states: MA, ME, MD, NJ, NY, PA, NH, RI, VT, CT.
Among NAEF’s recent grantees are the following:
- Center for Dairy Excellence
- Cornell University
- Geneva School District
- Holstein Foundation
- Lead NY
- Learning Through Gardening
- New Jersey Agricultural Society
- North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge
- NY Animal Agriculture Coalition
- NYS Junior Dairy Leader
- PA Friends of Agriculture Foundation
- Pennsylvania Future Farmers of America
- Pennsylvania State University, RULE Program
- Science Research Institute (CWASD)
- St. Lawrence–Lewis BOCES
For a look at all of NAEF’s Grant Recipients, as well as some project details on featured agriculture education organizations, take a look at Past Northeast Agriculture Education Foundation Grantees.
To join the list of grantees, find out how you can apply for an agricultural education grant.
5. The Council. Ag Ed Organizations. The National Council for Agricultural Education (The Council). https://thecouncil.ffa.org/aged-organizations/